Outdoor Cinema Checklist:
– Access: The mobile cinema van will need access to the site, as it is used to help erect the screen and it also supports the screen once it is in position.
If there are locks or padlocks on the access gate, we will need them unlocked 4hrs before the scheduled start time of the film and the gate will need to be open 1 1/2hrs following the screening to allow for bump-out.
Please feel free to contact us for our vehicle details if you need to arrange a parking permit for the duration of the event.
– Power: The cinema requires a 240v outlet (pref 15amp but 10amp is also OK) no further than 100m from the cinema. For more remote areas we can provide a generator at an additional cost. Power is required 4hrs before the screening and 1 1/2 hrs following the screening.
– Irrigation: It is important that you mark out any irrigation pipes in the location of the cinema, as 4 pegs are hammered into the ground to help locate the screen. It is also important to check that any automatic watering timers don’t cause a chilly interruption to the movie.
– Toilets:: Make sure that toilets are unlocked and that there is enough lighting.
– Residents: It’s always a good idea to warn residents about the event and maybe offer them some free tickets if appropriate.
– Security:We require that you have a designated person or security guard on site 1 hour prior and 1 hr following the screening to allow the cinema to be safely bumped out.
– Lighting: All lights in the area must be able to be covered or switched off during the screening. It’s also a great idea to have lighting organised for when the film finishes, as some areas can be very dark and pose a safety hazard.
– Space: For the 6m wide screen we require a space of 12m x 7m and for our 4m wide screen 8m x 7m for the bump-in and pack down of the cinema.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment